Suffering from Sciatica? Your San Diego Chiropractor can help! Sciatica or sciatic pain may originate in the lower back, travel through the buttock or down the large sciatic nerve in the back of each leg. Sciatica is a symptom of an underlying medical condition and not considered a medical diagnosis. Lower back pain may cause sciatica symptoms include a herniated discs, degenerative disc disease, spondylolisthesis or spinal stenosis.
Common Sciatica Symptoms
- A prickling sensation, numbness or weakness, or a down the leg in some cases a pins-and-needles sensation
- Pain that feels better when patients lie down, walks
- Pain worsens when standing or sitting
- Weakness or numbness when moving the leg or foot
- Constant pain in only one side of the buttock or leg, but rarely in both sides
- Pain that originates in the buttock or lower back and continues along the path of the sciatic nerve
- Pain typically described as sharp or searing, rather than dull
- Severe or shooting pain in one leg, making it difficult to stand up or walk
- Pain and other symptoms in the toes, depending on where the sciatic nerve is affected
The goal of chiropractors at Inner Balance Institute is to provide treatment that will promote the body’s potential to heal itself. Chiropractic care is non-invasive, non-surgical, drug-free, and suitable for almost everyone. Spinal Decompression Therapy is also a non-invasive treatment that is offered at our facility.
Adjustments also know as Spinal Manipulation, frees restricted movement of the spine and helps to restore misaligned vertebral bodies to their proper position in the spinal column. Spinal adjustment helps to reduce nerve irritability responsible for causing inflammation, muscle spasm, pain, and other symptoms related to sciatica. Adjustments should not be painful. Spinal manipulation is proven to be safe and effective.